Feeling burning sensation in vagina and bleeding while peeing. What is causing this?

Last night my boyfriend fingered me after a month of being away and we got a little aggressive. At the time my vagina didn't hurt but an hour later I had to use the toilet and while peeing my vagina had this burning feeling and after I wiped myself there was slight bleeding. Now it's 7 hours later and it still hurts to pee and it's still bleesding. Did he just scratch me or is it something serious?
Posted Sat, 18 Aug 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 18 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
When a woman bleeds after having sexual intercourse, there could be many reasons for it. Some of them are nothing to worry about and usually relate to sex that may have been too aggressive on the vaginal area.
As you have mentioned you both were aggressive, there might be small erosion while he fingered you. That might be responsible for the pain and slight bleeding. When you pee, the urine may come in contact with the raw area that might be responsible for pain.
Presently i advice you to wash the area with water and avoid sex for time being, you should be fine in day or two.
If the symptom persists or increases i advice you to see OBG specialist for examination.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.