Feeling bumps inside vagina. Is it herpes?

Hi My name is XXXXXXX i am 30yrs old and weigh 160. I was taking a shower the other day and I felt some bumps inside my virgina lips but not inside my hole.(sorry) Theres nothing there when I look with a mirror just the feeling. I'm very scared and do not kno what it can be.
Do u always see herpes if u feel bumps but not see.
Please help.
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 23 minutes later

The bumps inside vaginal lips are most likely just the prominent vaginal glands which do feel like bumps. These are not indicative of herpes.

What you are experiencing is part of your normal anatomy and you don’t need to worry about it.
However to allay your anxiety I suggest a routine examination and counseling by a competent Gynecologist. A detailed examination can be done on a physical consultation.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Feeling bumps inside vagina. Is it herpes? 15 hours later
Tnk u for responding so quickly. Sir. Ok another question sir. I took alook today being im so scared and i realized it has like lil white dots! Can it still b what u said sir or something more serious? Thank u again.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
The presence of little white dots further confirms it to be due to prominent glands present under the labia. The white spots that you can see are the duct openings. I would like to reassure you that there is nothing that you need to worry about.
Hope this answer is helpful. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.