Feeling bloated, nauseous, vomited, headache. Skin felt crawling and was shivering. What could be the cause?

Oncologist, Surgical
Hi I'm 25 year old female. Last night I felt very bloated and then started to feel really nauseous I eventually vomited and after that my skin felt like it was crawling and I couldn't stop shivering. I still feel ill this mornin and have a dull headache
Posted Wed, 22 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 1 hour later
Dear Ma'am,

Sorry to hear about your problem. From your symptoms it looks like you are suffering from an abdominal infection (gastroenteritis). This could have been caused by something you ate a few days back.
As it is associated with fever and chills, it is better that you start an antibiotic as soon as possible (ciplox with metronidazole). You should take these medicines for atleast 3 days.
In addition to this take a lot of fluids (in the form of ORS or lemonade). For the nausea you can take Emset tablets.
If the symptoms persist, you should visit the ER and get yourself evaluated by a doctor.

Hoping for the best. Please feel free to clarify any other query.