Feeling bloated, hot flush on face and terrible feeling next day after drinking. What to do?

I use to drink a lot but in last year scaled drinking down, now whn I drink 1-2 glasses of wine or beer i get a bloating feeling, hot flush on left side of face and can sleep all night, the next day I feel terrible, takes 2-3 days to go back to normal.

Posted Sun, 19 Aug 2012 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 7 minutes later
Hello and thank you for summoning your question.

Your question is of very good one and I will work on providing you with some suggestions and information regarding what is going on.

It is possible that your body has developed a sensitivity to alcohol. This may be related to a fluctuation in your liver function.

At this point I suggest that you visit with your gastroenterologist as well. If you have not had a colonoscopy this might be advisable.

Thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have additional concerns I would be happy to discuss those with you.

Dr. Robert
Follow-up: Feeling bloated, hot flush on face and terrible feeling next day after drinking. What to do? 24 minutes later

I have had liver check and other blood tests and all normal. As per my doctor I am in good health, I have explained the same to him, just says stay off alcohol, I am more concerned about the real problem.
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 hours later
I would recommend a referral to a cash went well just.

The Gastro trouble just may consider looking inside your gastrointestinal tract including an upper endoscopy and colonoscopy. This would be a definitive test which will help to rule out any underlying abnormalities. If you still have symptoms and all of those tests are normal the doctor may consider prescribing a medication to relieve this bloating.

Thanks again for your query.

Dr. Robert