Feeling bloated all the time and trying for weight loss. What should be done?

Question
feeling bloated all the time , eat healthy can't seam to tose wieght
Posted Sat, 25 May 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 21 minutes later
Dear friend, welcome to Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- http://bit.ly/Dr-Prasad-Akole) and am glad to address to your query here.

Bloating can be due to weight gain by increased fat (obesity) or from various diseases e.g. swelling due to fluid accumulation in kidney failure or heart failure), some drugs may cause weight gain.

I need to have details of your problems to tell you if you have a specific disorder.

Please give all details, age , weight, height, if possible a photo of yours.
Is there swelling in any particular area like leg oedema?
Any past illnesses or ongoing drugs?

I would be glad to answer any further queries. Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at http://bit.ly/Dr-Prasad-Akole
Good Luck!

Follow-up: Feeling bloated all the time and trying for weight loss. What should be done? 11 minutes later
hello not obese 13 +quarter stone not on menication 5'11 height , bit of a bell which can't get rid of just feel bloated all the time no swelling in legs or any were just feel boated all time in stomack

Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 14 minutes later
Is your bloating in the stomach associated with gases (flatulence), indigestion, acidity, bowel problems?
Do you get acidity, sour eructations?

If any of these are present, you need to get evaluated by a doctor to rule out gastro-intestinal tract problems. As causes can be many.

It may be a dyspepsia.
Avoid spicy, oily, junk food. Avoid alcohol and smoking.

Follow-up: Feeling bloated all the time and trying for weight loss. What should be done? 6 minutes later
only drink at weekends not a lot prob more than recomended , don't get acid , i will go see doctor , i don't smoke never have , eat quite healthy bannans apples pears , yogoat ,

Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 2 hours later
OK.
Avoid alcohol altogether and see if helps.
It is better checked out by a physical exam and tests as needed.
You may be benefited by a combination of a proton pump inhibitor and a prokinetic medicine.
Discuss this with your doctor.

Do some aerobic exercises everyday (like brisk walking).

I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily. I would be glad to answer any further queries. Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at http://bit.ly/Dr-Prasad-Akole
Good Luck!

As it helps us to improve continuously, may I request you to write a rating review before you ‘accept’ and ‘close’ the query.
Thank you!!