Feeling back pain, nausea, tired and light headed. Can i conceive 5 months after depo shot?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Excellent
Question
hello i was wondering can i conceive 5 months after depo shot if i was on it for 2 years me and my fiancé have been ttc if i have had regular periods and ovulation im currently 9dpo and ive been having lower back pains,cwcd,nausea,tired light headed,occasional lower abdominal pains aswell,hungry Nd food cravings thank you in advance
Posted Thu, 30 Aug 2012 in Getting Pregnant

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
hi,

after stopping the hormonal contraceptive methods the period taken to returning of ovulation can vary from person to person, it can range from 2 weeks to few months,
as now you are having regular periods and ovulation and crossed expected date of periods there is possibility for pregnancy,
though symptoms may not confirm pregnancy but they will act as supporting features in diagnosis,
now you go for blood test or urine test for pregnancy which will find out the possibility of pregnancy.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Feeling back pain, nausea, tired and light headed. Can i conceive 5 months after depo shot? 12 minutes later
thank you so much for that very helpful reply so could slight possibility i could be pregnant if i have had unprotected sex? around 2 days before ovulation when is it around the right time to go get a blood test and urine test should i wait and see if my period shows up? before i make and apoinment.How long should i wait to take a HPT ?sorry about all the questions

hi,

if you had unprotected intercourse two days before ovulation there is possibility for pregnancy, as the spermatozoa can be alive in genital tract up to 5 days in ideal circumstances,
as you already crossed the expected date of periods you can go for blood test now, urine test can also be done but sometimes it can give false positives and sometimes may not detect early pregnancy, so if facility is there go for blood test if not urine test that is home pregnancy test, depending on the result you can plan your appointment with the doctor.

Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.