Feeling anxious and get nervous in public. What can be done for panic attacks?

Can you please suggest something for panic attacks.
I have had them when in meetingd of 4 + people but since my mother died this year I have been increasingly anxious and get nervous in public.

Thank you
Posted Fri, 20 Jul 2012 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure 1 hour later

First you need support from your family and friends, from people who are near you and can help you while in danger. In such cases is better combine pharmacotherapy with psychotherapy.

Also you can add to your daily routine relaxation techniques, yoga. Better if you will consult Psychiatrist who can advice you above mentioned combination of antidepressants and psychotherapy. A small dose of these medications for a short time will help you come out of your problem soon.

I appreciate that you have noticed your problem early.

Please do write back in case you have follow up queries to ask.

Take care and good luck.