Feeling anxiety and breathlessness with little activity. Have high BP. Suggest cure?

hi, lately i have been feeling anxiety and breathlessness with very little activity. I am slightly hypertensive with 140/95 as BP readings. No symptoms or reports of blood sugar (hypo or hyper). I am 30 years old, weigh 75 kilo, 5ft 10" tall. I dont want to get onto antihypertensives. any solution? what could be the reason for anxiety? I feel a sudden rush of blood to the heart and it starts beating fast.
Posted Tue, 15 Oct 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
please see details

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir
1. Most common cause of high blood pressure (hypertension) at the age of 30 years is "essential or idiopathic" hypertension. For this entity no recognized cause is known to us. Although evaluation for a treatable cause should be done as per clinical indicators.
2. In presence of palpitations, shortness of breath and history of high blood pressure, a cardiac ultrasound (ECHO) is recommended. You can consult your physician in this regard.
3. The life style modification for hypertension include optimization of weight (~72 kg in your case), daily supervised exercise, moderation of alcohol intake to less than 2 pegs per day, no smoking, low salt intake ( 140/90 mmHg, you will have to take medicines.
4. The cause of anxiety has to be around you. You have to think that what is bothering you these days. One condition called pheochromocytoma can cause high blood pressure and features of anxiety. But in this entity fluctuation of blood pressure and very high levels of blood pressure are common. Your doctor has to assess for the possibility before any investigations.
Feel free to discuss further.