Feeling anxiety. ECG showed left anterior hemiblock. What does this mean?

Hi! An ecg taken two weeks ago came back with "left anterior hemiblock". One year ago, my ecg and echocardiogram was perfect.

As a healthy 30 year old, why would I develop "left anterior hemiblock"? My only risk factor is severe anxiety over the past 8 years. Also, while the ecg was taken I was extremely anxious (bpm of around 140) - could this contribute to a false positive result?

My GP refused to send the ecg to a cardiologist - he said it was a clinically insignificant finding....

Posted Fri, 26 Oct 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later

Medically left anterior hemiblock means failure in conduction of electrical impulse in either of the two main divisions of the left branch of the bundle of his; the interruption may occur in either the anterior (superior) or posterior (inferior) division. 
Since this is beyond your scope of understanding,so better we should leave it.
However your GP is right in dismissing it at the moment since you are healthy 
and there is no associated hypertension or chest pain or breathlessness etc.

Keep a track of your health and blood pressure and if you feel any hypertension or any chest discomfort in future,you may consult a cardiologist.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck