Feeling always tired, dry tongue and tired eyes. Blurred vision, palpitation. What these symptoms suggest?

Cardiologist, Interventional
Question
Feeling always tired. Dry toung and tired eyes. Blur vission. Palpitation
Posted Tue, 2 Apr 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. (Prof.) Subroto Mandal 8 hours later

With your very brief history, I consider that you should do get basic tests like hemoglobin, fasting sugar level and an ECG (Electrocardiogram) to find out the cause for your symptoms .

Generally these symptoms are seen associated with many different health conditions and also with advanced age.

You will also be needing a detailed physical examination by your treating doctor. Along with the reports of the above mentioned tests and findings on physical examination will help to arrive at a diagnosis.

Hope, I have answered your query

Wish you good health.

SUBROTO

Follow-up: Feeling always tired, dry tongue and tired eyes. Blurred vision, palpitation. What these symptoms suggest? 5 hours later
sir am basicly a VSD surgery closed at the age of 9. and am now 30, i here by discussed to a cardiologist. and he found nothing wrong in the ecg (rbb block) and echo. my suger level is 96(f) - 120 (pp) blood hb. 17.4gms% . am taking bisoprolol 2.5 mg for more than 7 months. but still i find the papitation mostly after taking food and while lying in bed for rest. why such symptoms sir, pls. let me kn.

Answered by Dr. (Prof.) Subroto Mandal 3 hours later
Hello and welcome again.

Thank you for providing detail history.

Your all the report are within normal limits, your Echocardiography also normal.

In this situation the treatment you are taking Bisoprolol is good.

You should go for a Physician check up, probably check for Thyroid function.

Hope I have answered your query

Wish you a healthy heart.
SUBROTO

Follow-up: Feeling always tired, dry tongue and tired eyes. Blurred vision, palpitation. What these symptoms suggest? 7 hours later
Sir, am happy with ur reply. My thyroid profile is also checked and its normal too. How long should I take bisiprolol. But am nt comfort with that drug. Sir is there any defecency in my body . And it makes me palpitation . . . and iam mentaly perfect. But these symptoms makes me sick. Kindly give s better suggestion . . . .

Answered by Dr. (Prof.) Subroto Mandal 7 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

Palpitation is many occasions are subjective and make it difficult for the patient. Sometimes even underweight patient also feel Palpitation without any underlying condition.

I would suggest you not to worry as your thyroid and cardiac health is ascertained with suitable investigations.

Bisprolol is a good medication. I would consider it safe to continue for the period your treating doctor has advised, under his supervision.

Also I did not come across any symptoms in your history which point at any deficiency disorders. Hence, there would be no need to be concerned in that regards.

You can get yourself examined by your treating doctor on a regular basis to be assured of your health.

Do practice mind relaxation exercises like Meditation which helps you get rid of the anxiety you have and help you lead a peaceful life.

Hope, I have answered your query

Wish you good health.

Dr Subroto

Follow-up: Feeling always tired, dry tongue and tired eyes. Blurred vision, palpitation. What these symptoms suggest? 3 hours later
Sir, is that possible to send my ecg and echo report to ur knowledge. If so. to which mail should I send .

Answered by Dr. (Prof.) Subroto Mandal 1 hour later

You have a feature to upload the reports/images by yourself on the right side of this query page. You may utilize it.

Alternatively, you can mail them to YYYY@YYYY with subject as “Attention to Dr. Subroto Mandal”.

Thank you

SUBROTO