Feeling acidic tongue. What could be the cause?

Felling acidic tongue from last 3-4 days. There is no medical history and none of the treatments are going on.
Posted Wed, 4 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Observe closely.

Detailed Answer:

Acidic sensation of the tongue can sometimes occur secondary to acid reflux. Contents of the stomach - indigested food particles with gastric acid can regurgitate into the food pipe and throat if the lower end of the food pipe is weak and incompetent leading to heartburns, throat irritation, teeth erosion as well as acid taste of tongue.

Other causes of abnormal tongue sensation include infection of the nasal/oral cavity structures, dehydration and nutritional deficiency.

I suggest you to observe the changes for a few days more before visiting the doctor for medical assistance. Drink plenty of fluids. I would also start antacid - Syp gelusil 1tsp before food thrice daily for a week and multivitamin - cobadex czx one tablet for 2 weeks. In the interim if you develop fresh symptoms you can report back to me or your local doctor.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.