Feeling aches in arms and legs. Have gastrointestinal symptoms and stomach pain. Suggest?

For 3 days I have been feeling aches in arms and legs (as in a fever):however,I do not have a fever(This has taken place in the past whenever I do not feel well [probably yearly] ,as I almost never run a fever).Moreover,I have gastrointestinal symptoms (loose stools) ,with a bit of an ache in the stomach.In general,I feel moderately weak,as if I am fighting off something, but have not fully come down with infection(or whatever this is).I go to MD bi-yearly,and am healthy(My most recent influenza vaccination was in February of this year,at age 48).Do you think this is something that will pass ;I actually do feel a bit better this morning?
Posted Mon, 14 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes it will pass probably.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem I would like to advise you that by whatever history you gave , whenever any person suffers from loose motions there is loss of fluid from the body plus the food intake is affected . Both these factors lead to profound weakness and loss of electrolytes during loose motions is also a contributory factor.

In that case you dont have a fever but you feel feverish . It generally settles as the loose motions settle. I would advise you to take a probiotic supplement . Add curd to your diet . Prefer bland food for few days.

Dr. Shruti