Feeling abnormal stomach and back. Stomach looks protrudes and back arches. Sllep on stomach and back hurts. Suggestions?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
I'm 28 years old and a 5'5 male. Very healthy and physically fit. I play basketball and am a runner. Last clocked mile was 5:39. My stomach and back seem a bit abnormal. My stomach protudes in what I think is an extreme way and my back arches. I looked up Lordosis and I definitely have a gap when between the wall and back when i lean against a wall.

At night I sleep on my stomach and my back sometime tends to hurt. I sleep on my side when that occurs. Is this a genetic thing especially since I've had it my whole life? I've gained a few pounds in the last 10 years. I went from about 118 to 130. I feel no sickness or anything. I am very very hyper and my metabolism is fast.

Should I be concerned? Could this be related to a mental issue? I feel like sometimes I am all over the place almost like ADHD but I don't want to be on any amphetamines or any slow producing drugs. I have had a solid career in the IT industry for over 5 years and seem to be doing good in building a career.
Posted Wed, 25 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 1 hour later
Thank you for using Healthcare Magic.
From your detailed information I can see that you lead a physically active life. Your career details show that you have a successful working life also. These two facts suggest that there will be nothing serious wrong with your health.
Lordosis is relatively common and entirely compatible with an active lifestyle. Your feeling of being "all over the place" could be a mental issue such as an anxiety state. However, your successful career would lead me to believe this is not the case. An over active thyroid could possibly cause some of your symptoms.
I understand your concerns and consider that a visit to your doctor to discuss your health in more detail would be appropriate. Routine blood tests could check your thyroid function.A therapist could talk through some of your concerns in detail.
I hope this is of help. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dr K A Pottinger,