Feeling a tingling sensation in legs and hands. Have recurring yeast infection. Is it related?

I have been feeling a tingling sensation in my legs and hands (on and off) for the past week. I also have a recurring yeast infection that comes almost every month around the same time.. can the two be related? candida?
Posted Wed, 6 Nov 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

It is common to have recurrent infection of Candida during same season or even month.

Tingling in hands and feet is a symptom of peripheral neuropathy. It can be due to many reasons including nutritional deficiencies, raised blood sugar, etc

Tingling in legs and hands is not directly related to Candida but maybe because of the weakness, etc due to infection. It can also be due to some virus related hemolysis (breakdown of red blood cells). Also you need to go for some basic tests like fasting blood sugar, vitamin B 12 levels, hemoglobin etc to find a treatable cause for recurrent candida or tingling.

Mostly tingling is related to Low vitamin B12 levels or sometimes hyperventialtion due to anxiety. After checking the vitamin B12 levels we can start you on supplements.

DR Vaishalee
Follow-up: Feeling a tingling sensation in legs and hands. Have recurring yeast infection. Is it related? 5 minutes later
Thank you very much. I will follow up with a dr. here and have some tests done.
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hi again

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

Sure you need to get tested.

I also feel like telling you some lifestyle changes that may take care of candida:
- Get tests done
- Wear loose cotton clothes
- Avoid unnecessary antibiotics
- Avoid taking sugary foods or juices.
- Drink pure drinking water. Reverse osmosis filtration technique produces purest water and it can keep digestion normal and candida in check. For some reason when candida is flaring, digestion also becomes abnormal.
- If you are a vegetarian, then you should take vitamin B12 supplements regularly

Let me know if I can assist you further.