Feeling a pimple like structure on left testes? Is it any type of cancer?

Question
hello doctor
i m feeling a pimple like structure on my left testes?is it any cancer.i cannot see it externaly
Posted Fri, 10 Aug 2012 in Cancer

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 17 minutes later
Hi
The description you have provided is insufficient as different scrotal lumps have different presentations and are due to different problems. I would request you to kindly provide me some detailed information like is it painful or painless, is it freely movable or not. can you compress it in between you fingers. the time you noticed the structure? had it increased in size since you noticed it?

It may be a small cyst which may even don't require any specific treatment however testicular cancers are more common in adults therefore it is necessary to rule it out.
Thanks
Dr. M Ishfaq Habib

Follow-up: Feeling a pimple like structure on left testes? Is it any type of cancer? 3 hours later
it is painfull when i feel it.as it is attached on the testes...i cannot compress it..as the testes keeps moving about..i started to notice it past 6-7days..it hasn increased in size

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 18 minutes later
Hi
thanks for the reply

The descriptions you have given most likely seems to be of an epididymal cyst as the testicular cancers are commonly attached to skin and cannot move separately from the skin. however the epididymal cyst cannot be diagnosed even on examination. the best option to rule it out is to do a scrotal ultrasound after which further investigation or treatment options can be availed
feel free to contact for any further queries
thanks
regards
Dr. M Ishfaq Habib

Follow-up: Feeling a pimple like structure on left testes? Is it any type of cancer? 10 hours later
Thank you Doctor...i was pretty scared of it....i m a 2nd year dental student...so,when i learn some topic and co relate with my problem..i get worried...doctor thank you for your help.god bless u

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 9 hours later
Hi
Thanks for the reply
Its okay. we are here to help you for any of your query. Actually almost every doctor in his student life have experienced this problem of applying the studying topics on his own however you will get normal within times. feel free to contact for any further queries
Thanks
Dr. M Ishfaq Habib