Feelin of having mild strain of HPV. What can be done?

My niece says she has a "mild" strain of HPV, and that her Gyn says it will go away by itself. She told her there are several strains of HPV, some of which go away. Is this true?
Posted Sun, 28 Jul 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 1 hour later
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX Yes it is true, this is known as transient HPV infection, it could be a low risk type. Type 16, 18 , 31...etc are high risk type. Genital warts are caused by type 6 & 11. HPV is so common that nearly all sexually-active men and women will get at least one type of HPV at some point in their lives.
She should have regular PAP smear done and if that is normal, nothing to be done.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile