Feel warm, urine dark. Back pain with spasm on arms and legs. repeating words and statement. Suggest?

No matter how much water i drink i still feel super warm inside, it is a feeling that comes and goes from time to time. Also my pee is neon yellow and i have weird feelings in my legs on the calf and the thighs of both my left and right leg, and i have back pain as well as spasms on my arms, shoulders, forearms and legs as well. I also find myself repeating words or statements sometime, or when i am typing omitting or repeating words.
Posted Fri, 5 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Hi and thanks for the query,

The abnormal sensations you feel,with weird lower limb sensations deserve that a careful clinical evaluation be carried out. It would be clearer and easier for your clinician if the duration of these symptoms, triggers, frequency, aggravating, calming and accompanying factors could be precised.

it is important to know if you are under some psychological or emotional stress lately. This is an important contributing factor usually observed under such circumstances. Pain back and spasms deserve a proper neurologic examinations. Spasms could arise from electrolyte abnormalities like low Calcium and Magnesium levels. Vitamin B12 and other multi vitamins as you are taking already could help in peripheral neuropathies.

Pain in all these areas cause two main possibilities. The first is what is called fibromyalgia rheumatica, which classically presents as such, and the second is a rheumatologic disease (lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, mixed erythrocyte sedimentation rate, CrP, rheumatoi factor, anti nuclear antibodies and a complete blood count are the basic exams to good a very clear picture of the possible diagnosis.

The issue of typing and omitting words or sentences might deserve the expertise of a neurologist. A past history of epilepsy, brain trauma and psychosocial stress could explain all these.

Stress, fibromyalgia rheumatica, electrplyte imbalance, rheumatologic condition and a proper neurologic examination are required to situate the diagnosis. An electroencephalogramme added to a neurologic exam could be useful, added an X XXXXXXX of the spine and the expertise of a psychologist.

I strongly suggest you consult an internist first,for proper examination and orientation. Thanks and hope this helps as I wish you the best of health. Do not hesitate asking further questions if need be.

best regards,
Bain LE, MD.

Follow-up: Feel warm, urine dark. Back pain with spasm on arms and legs. repeating words and statement. Suggest? 58 minutes later
I was told that the neon urine was due to excess amounts of vitamin b in my system.

The symptoms started with a warm left calf that went away after a few days and then the muscles feeling weird began. It rarely hurts or even bother me when i am standing and walking around. The pain i do feel is usually when sitting and never excruciating, sometimes a shift in my position is enough. Also the spasms seem to be linked to some back exercises i am doing. I believe i might be either doing them wrong or the fact that i fall asleep right after might be the case. I stopped the exercises for a few days and the spasms went away but i did them two nights ago and the spasms came back not as many but still.

I should have mentioned that for a couple of months i sat in a very awkward position and it was at work so i sat like that for 4 to 6 hrs for five days a week for a period of two to three months i dont know if that could contribute to what i am feeling.

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 3 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,

Your description now of the back pain and associated lower limb symptoms, spasms, pain, and role of position makes the diagnosis of a spinal compression of nerve roots the most probable diagnosis.

An X XXXXXXX of the lumbo sacral spine coupled with a magnetic rasonance Imaging (MRI) Scan should be done. You will need to consul a neurosurgeon. There aresymptoms of higher than normal Vitamin B (hypervitamonosis), do not think you present with any of these yet, may be worth doing a screen later.

Book an appointment to see your neurosuegeon first. Best regards as I wish you good health.

Bain LE, MD.
Follow-up: Feel warm, urine dark. Back pain with spasm on arms and legs. repeating words and statement. Suggest? 19 hours later
I did a tactile check of my lower back and felt two balls, the right one lasrger than the left one, to the touch they dont hurt. Should i be worried.
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 4 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,

I think it deserves examination for something serious to be ruled out.
I suggest you consult your neurosurgeon for a complete physical examination.
Thanks and best regards,
Bain LE.