Feel tired often. Blood pressure always low. Experience dizziness and have sinus issues. Suggest medications?

I am 67 and exercise 5 days a week. I do three spin classes and two boot camps. I am 5' 9" and weigh 110 pounds.
I eat healthy and am very active. I often get tired early afternoon. My blood pressure has always been low. I don't take
any medications. I have regular checkups but am wondering if I should be getting this tired in the afternoon. It passes
if I have a cup of coffee and a snack. I eat a very good breakfast, early dinner and almost no or little lunch. I do experience a little dizziness if I get up to quickly. I do have some sinus issues. I just don't like feeling tired.
Posted Sun, 11 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 11 days later
Hello and thanks for the query.

It seems as if you are living a very healthy lifestyle and I can understand if you are frustrated with a suboptimal energy level in the afternoons.

A couple of considerations in this case would be - possible thyroid dysfunction, electrolyte abnormalities, or possibly anemia or low blood count. These can all be assessed easily and quickly with some screening blood work that your primary doctor can request.

Another common cause of fatigue is anxiety or depression. I did not appreciate that you are dealing with this type of issue but just wanted to mention it for the sake of thoroughness.

Lastly, if for some reason your heart is not functioning optimally this can contribute to fatigue. An EKG and possibly an echocardiogram would help assess this.

Thanks again for the query. Let me know if I can be of any additional

Dr Galamaga