Feel tired fall asleep very fast. Prescribed multiple supplements. What can be done?

Hi I have had a few health problems during the last three years. All developing after my wife died.
Each day as we approach lunch time, I start getting really tired. This gets worse and worse and I sit back in
a comfortable chair and usually fall asleep for 15 min to an hour. Usually I'm awakened by the phone. Between
three pm and four pm I recover and feel completely refreshed. I have made an appointment with an Internist
for the end of this month. My previous family Doctor put me on multiple supplements. None of them worked.
Some of them actually interferred with my Polycythemia Vera. I've now stopped the offensive supliments.
My email is YYYY@YYYY .
Thank you,
Posted Wed, 7 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 1 hour later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
Your problem may be related to the bereavement of your wife and subsequent depression. An important lead in this case will be if your sleep is broken quite early like 3am, 4am as compared when you were fine.
Another important cause may be obesity and snoring at night time and which impairs night sleep and causes day time dosing off.
Your appointment with internist is a good step towards diagnosing the problem.
You can try taking a lunch a bit early and then going for a nap, it will reduce the discomfirt of odd time sleep.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!