Feel tired and legs feel like stone. All test normal. Had suffered from a DVT in leg. Related?

I am always tired, my legs feel like stone, and it takes me all my energy to move. Today is alittle better. This has been going on for a couple of years on and off. My Dr has done alot of tests and all have come back normal. This year I suffered from a Dvt in my right leg, and two weeks ago I was given the all clear. My legs are still aching as well as the tireness, is the aches normal.
Also, if I exercise I am fatigued for a couple of days after wards. It could be just 1 hrs work or exercise.
Posted Sat, 6 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 1 hour later

I can feel your concerns, its good to listen that your all laboratory and other tests are normal. DVT usually reoccur after a month or so with similar complaints of leg pain , its a slowly growing disease and the pain lasts for many days.

You should use pressure stockings over your lower legs, and keep your legs higher up while sitting or sleeping.

Do doppler ultrasound regularly and take calcium and vitamin D supplementation.

Analgesics will be helpful , take them after consulting your doctor.

Hope I answered your query, If you have any other , I will be happy to answer that.

Follow-up: Feel tired and legs feel like stone. All test normal. Had suffered from a DVT in leg. Related? 1 hour later
You didn't give me any more on the fatigue, thank you for the leg aches info.
My concern is the fatigue, as I have children it is getting harder to kepp up with them.
Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 9 hours later
Yes I can understand your concerns.

It may be a symptom of post-thrombotic syndrome or pulmonary embolism. These conditions require specific tests. In your case, all tests have been done and are normal. Thus I will advise the following:

Calcium and vitamin D supplementation,

A cup of coffee and giving time to your self for relaxing.

Make a schedule for sleeping time not more than 6 hours a day.

Wishing you a speedy recovery
Hope, I have answered you. If you do not have any other clarifications you can close the discussion and rate the query.