Feel tired and doesn't get out of chair. Blood tests showed low kidney levels. Related?

Dec 2012

Hi, i'm concerned about my mother, she is 86 and hasn't been regular and is very tired and doesn't get out of her chair much. Her last blood tests showed her kidney levels were low. Is this related someway and what do you suggest.
Posted Fri, 23 Aug 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

From your description of symptoms and medical history it seems to me that your mother might be suffering from a cardiorenal syndrome i.e probably heart failure and kidney failure which might be making seem low on energy/fatigued.
If her kidneys are failing and she had prognosis might be very poor and you will need to accept this and try to help her spend a more pleasurable life.

Hope this helps and wish you and your mother the best.
Dr. Nsah
Follow-up: Feel tired and doesn't get out of chair. Blood tests showed low kidney levels. Related? 46 hours later
Thank You for your reply to my concerns with my mom. I know my mom has been through a lot these past 7 plus years and it's been tough seeing her health condition slow and weaken during this period.
Her own doctor basically said just keep her comfortable and happy. It's hard seeing her just sit there in her chair not wanting to do anything. It's hard getting her to take her medications and she just wants to rest all the time.
I was just looking up things on the internet and stumbled into your website and I figured I may as well ask.

Thanks Again For Your Advise
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 22 hours later
Thank you for feedback response. I understand your concern but they are certain things in life that you just need to learn and accept them the way they are.
I believe being there for her is the best thing you can give her now.

Wish you both the best.
Dr. Bernard