Feel shaky and week, breathing problem. Taking lexapro. Had anxiety. How to treat it?

I feel shaky and week and like i cant breath at times. Like i have to force myselfe to breath h'm taking 20 milligrams lexapro. Sugar 78 . I bin on lexapro for 8months . History of anxiety
Posted Thu, 16 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations.

What you are describing sounds like a possible panic attack. At the same time I cannot be 100% sure that this is the case. In light of that I recommend that you see your primary care doctor as soon as possible for a good physical examination and consultation. If your doctor is under the impression that this could be a panic attack he might make some recommendations regarding other prescriptions that you can use on an as needed basis to keep this type of symptom under control.

Thanks again for sending a question. Please let us know if you have any additional concerns.

Dr. Galamaga