Feel pain while drinking any fluid item but confused whether it is of Chest or heart. Advise?

General Surgeon
Hello Sir, I sometimes feel pain while drinking water or any fluid item but I am confused whether it is of Chest or heart. The pain is sometime unbearable which does not allow me to do any thing. Sir please suggest me solution at the earliest.
Posted Fri, 28 Jun 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 27 minutes later

I am Dr Shareef, a general surgeon attending to your query.

A few more information would be helpful in coming to a nearest solution of your problem :
1) Do you smoke or take alcoholic beverges ? If yes, you must stop these immediately.
2) How is your diet and bowel habits ? Do you frequently eat from outside and that too spicy junk food kind of thing !! This may give rise to infections of your intestines, which may also result in hyper acidity causing the pain.
3) What is the duration of your present symptoms and did you have any history of hyperacidity earlier ?
4) How is your weight ? Is there history of any loss of weight ?
5) Reports of any investigation done for this problem so far.

Pain while swallowing is usually related to the esophagus and this pain is frequently related to chest pain or that of the heart which may not be there at all.

I would rather wait for your reply to draw my conclusions on your problem. Till that you may start on some proton pump inhibitor and a prokinetic drug after consultation with your doctor.

Good luck and thanks.