Feel pain near lumbosacral region on bending neck, discomfort on getting up. History of ankle twist. Suggestions?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
when i bend my neck i feel a pain near my left side lumbosacral region and left tail side tail bone(only when i'm standing).i also feel some XXXXXXX adjustment when i get up from a sitting has been there for more than 4 months and before that i had once severely twisted my left ankle and fallen on the ground.please advise. i'm 22 years old.
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
The pain on the left side in lumbosacral region is likely to be a muscular pain.
The first step is to ensure that you maintain an appropriate posture while working on the computer. Take frequent stretch breaks and drink lots of water. Discontinue using pillow while sleeping straight. Do not lift heavy objects, especially after bending down. Eat a healthy wholesome meal which should satisfy your minerals and proteins requirement.

The most essential and long lasting remedy is exercises. There are certain back strengthening and neck isometric exercises that you must learn from a physiotherapist and perform them at home or work whenever possible. You can also undergo a weeks session of traction at your physiotherapist's clinic.

Last but not least, if its unbearable take medications or muscle relaxant prescribed by your physician. And if it has been long standing illness visit your orthopaedician and clinically-radiologically establish a diagnosis to commence definitive treatment.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Feel pain near lumbosacral region on bending neck, discomfort on getting up. History of ankle twist. Suggestions? 3 hours later
There is one main fear i want to express,could it be some dislocation of bone,ligaments or muscles or some nerve issues ,because as i said before i got this after the fall due to the twist in my ankle,can something like ankle twist cause this.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 14 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
This is not likely to be due to any bone or ligament tear or dislocation. Mild nerve root irritation or compression may be there. An MRI scan will help in confirming the diagnosis.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.