Feel pain in leg and body. Take 75mg thynorm. Advise?

Mar 2016

Hi doctor my wife 44 year old she feel pain in her leg and body. She take 75mg thynorm. Please advise

Posted Mon, 27 May 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later

Following D & C, it is quite common to feel general weakness and body ache. It may take up to 4 weeks for complete recovery.

Other possible reasons which can aggravate above condition are

1) muscle spasm (like calf muscle in lower limb etc) due to low oxygen and dehydration.
2) electrolyte imbalance (sodium/ potassium etc)- another important cause.
3) fluctuation of blood hormone level in peri menopausal age (44 yrs old).
4) thyroid disturbance (hypothyroid state)- continue thyronorm as prescribed.
5) presence of pelvic infection, diabetes, hypertension, obesity or over weight etc.

Here, complete health check up is needed to carry out by healthcare provider. Some relevant investigations may be required to pin point the diagnosis & figure out next line of management.

In this stage, beneficial measures are needed to be taken to get some relief from body ache like:

1) Take healthy diet with vitamin & iron supplements and consume more green vegetables.
2) Avoid mental stress/ depression by yoga/ deep breathing exercise or meditation.
3) Take adequate bed rest with complete relaxation of the body.
4) Drink more water (3 lit plus) with low salt & lemon or may take electral powder to avoid dehydration & muscle spasm.
5) Take some medication like ibuprofen/ NSAIDS (non steroid anti inflammatory drugs)/ anti-anxiety drugs. She needs additional omeprazole group of drug to decrease gastric irritation. Muscle relaxant gel is also helpful to get relief from specific muscle pain.
6) She may require hormonal medication to correct hormonal imbalance. Though, doctor's consultation is needed to get prescription.
7) Control of body weight is crucial one by regular light to moderate physical exercise.
8) Take bathing with cold water only twice daily to get some relief.
9) Acupuncture, light body massage, some relaxation technique are also helpful.
10) Supportive medications are advisable according to test report and she needs
doctor's consultation.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

For any future query, you can directly ask me by viewing this page WWW.WWWW.WW
Wish her good health & take care herself.

Dr Soumen.