Feel pain in ear and throat. Suggested acid reflux and severe anxiety. Endoscopy showed Hiatus hernia & bile Gastritis. Guide?

ENT Specialist
I feel like a needle pain in my left ear & my throat in the same time . ( this is my new symptoms)
My story :
I went to the doctor 5 days ago cause i have a complain that i always feel like someone is squeezing my neck & feel that the small part of food is stick in the begining of my throat ( just at the end of the tangue ) . Also feel aching & like i want to scratch my throat .
Anyway the doctor has been diagnosed my case that i might has acid reflux + severe anexiety that leads to spasm the throat muscles & that's why i feel like someone is squeezing my throat . Anyway i did an. Endoscopy 3 months ago & it shows a sliding Hiatus hernia & bile Gastritis .
Do you have any explanation for the first line in my messege .
Posted Fri, 11 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Referred Pain / Sensation

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query.

1. The piercing / stabbing pain in the ear and throat is usually a Referred Pain or Sensation due to common nerve supply.

2. Sliding Hiatus Hernia is seen in one third of reflux cases. The rest of your symptoms are consistent with acid and bile reflux.

3. Anti-reflux medication needs to be taken for at least 8 to 12 weeks at a a stretch.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.