Feel pain in back specially in rainy and winter season. Underlying cause?

I feel pain in my back spwcially in rainy and start of winter season
Posted Mon, 28 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Alekhya 44 hours later
Brief Answer:
arthritis is known to get worse in wet weathers.

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your query and understood your concerns. According to your symptoms as our nerves are sensitive and due to barometric pressure it will hurt extra bad. If you were my patient I will suggest you to apply heating pads while sleeping in rainy and winter seasons. When the climate is cool our body tries to develop heat inside and in process our muscles will get contracted and that may also be the reason why the pain will be more during those climates. You need to get ruled out from arthritis of back too as it is known to get worse in wet weathers due to barometric pressure. Consult an orthopedician for this to first get ruled out from arthritis and then for appropriate measures to be taken if it is arthritis. As you are diabetic there is a high chance for arthritis.
Foollowing are some of the instructions and treatment I usually give to my patients:
-Doing regular exercises will help you
-Take acitamenophen for acute attacks
-Muscle relaxants(carisoprodol) also play a good role
-Spinal manipulation is recommended only if your pain is not a chronic one.

Thank you for your query. Hope I have satisfied you with my answer.If you have any other doubts you can ask me here.