Feel on back. Having pain, sweating and cold. Normal?

hi I had a bad fall on my back at work on Tuesday night on wed was sick had the runs felt cold now im having hot sweats fell very thirsty and ache everywhere
Posted Wed, 5 Jun 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 52 minutes later
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

The fall would potentially cause musculoskeletal injury ( possible trauma to muscles and bones and the aches you are experiencing) but would not cause diarrhoea or hot sweats.

It would not affect the gastrointestinal system to result in diarrhoea and is not known to result in fever.The fact that these symptoms occurred the day after the fall is coincidental. The thirst is likely due to the fluids you would have lost with the diarrhoea and also the fever. These symptoms are related to either a viral or bacterial infection of the gastrointestinal tract, most cases viral.
They are usually self limiting and resolve on their own within a few days.
The most important part of management is to ensure that you do not become dehydrated, this means using enough fluids to replace what you are losing.

Oral rehydration fluids would be the best fluids to use but if you cannot tolerate the taste then you can try dilute gatorade.

In terms of the fall onto your back, the symptoms of injury would be pain in the pain, possible weakness or numbness in the legs, problems passing stool or urine, lack of sensation in the genital region or in the anal region.
These are the symptoms of back injury
If you experience any of these you should be immediately evaluated by your doctor.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions