Feel off balance when walking or even standing. Have neck and shoulder problem with tight chest. Suggest?

I constantly feel off balance when walking or even standing. It's like a wave is coming over me often. I have neck and shoulder problems on my left side. My blood pressure is good but have tight upper chest
Posted Sun, 1 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
May be a labyrinthitis, needs EKG for chest prob.

Detailed Answer:

I am dr XXXXXXX and I will try my level best to help you.

1) Now the feeling off balance is due to some issue with brain's balance system, a viral infection (labyrinthitis) may cause such issues, but will resolve on its own in 3-5 days, if do not come back to normal, further investigation is needed to look into the matter.

2) Tightness in chest may be due to several issues but I am want to get the heart issues ruled out.

I need you to have EKG from near by medical center, just to be sure nothing is going on with heart. You may wait for tomorrow morning if things are fine, mostly gas does make feel tightness in chest. (I want you to do it as a check, and please don't panic)

More over if you have any shortness of breath / sweating / changes in blood pressure please contact emergency care.

Please feel free to contact me in case of any doubt.