Feel nervousness, anxiety and have memory loss. Taking rivotril. Looking for remedy

I feel nervousness and anxiety for which i take rivotril .5.I feel memory loss and sexual dysfuctioning due to this.Kindly tell me remedy.
Posted Fri, 29 Mar 2013 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 1 hour later
Thanks for your query. Based on your history you appear to suffer from social anxiety disorder. Rivotril is clonazepam which is given for transient reduction in anxiety symptoms. It can lead to drowsiness, difficulty in concentrating and erection difficulty. I would suggest you discuss with your psychiatrist for other more efffective options for managing social anxiety including the SSRI group of drugs like paroxetine as well as psychotherapy techniques like exposure and response prevention. This would lead to long lasting decrease in anxiety symptoms without any adverse effects. Do clarify further if required.
Dr Sundar