Feel nauseous and dizzy with tingling in arms and hands, chest and stomach discomfort. Suggest?

I feel nauseous and dizzy with tingling in my arms and hands. Some chest discomfort or very high stomach discomfort. I've had it off and on for 24 hours. I don't think I'm dehydrated. It gets worse when I lie down.
Posted Sun, 8 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Acute gastritis

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem I see that you feel nausea and high chest discomfort which seems to be epigastric pain . This may be the feature of acute gastritis . Lying down leads to regurgitation and leads to GERD thus enhancing the problem.

Your complaints of tingling in arms is unrelated . I advise you to see a physician get a USG abdomen done to rule out any pathology . Till then you should avoid spicy food and caffeine . Prefer a bland diet .

Your doctor needs to examine and establish the kind of tingling you are experiencing . May be NCV may be required .

Dr. Shruti