Feel nauseated and light headed, lost appetite. Cause?

I feel nauseated & light headed,lost my appetite.
Posted Thu, 17 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 2 days later
Brief Answer:
You should visit a Doctor for evaluation

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

Nauseating feeling, and loss of appetite may be due to many reasons and I am mentioning common of these that fits in your scenario.

1. Acute viral hepatitis
2. Some Gastrointestinal pathology effecting Oesophagus or stomach or small intestine
3. Infection- viral or bacterial
4. Hepatobilliary disease
5. Systemic illness

As you can see the differentials list is very long and varied I will advise you to visit a Doctor who may ask your symptoms in details, examine you personally and may evaluate accordingly to reach to the diagnosis

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.