Feel nausea, gaged, shaky and cold. Have troubled sleeping. What could this be?

i hve been having this broblem for sometime now about once a month and just a few days ago a few hours after eating i got real naseous and gaged but never actually threw up then tonight i am real naseous and gaging but just spitting up white flem type i feel real shaky and cold i also have trouble sleeping at night waking up every two to three hours and sometime in a sweat i also feel real scared and a little anxiety thinking everything is serious wrong when i know it isnt could this be hormones and could i be going threw premenapause? MY dR TELLS ME I AM TO YOUNG SINCE MY MOM WENT THREW IT AT AGE 50-55
Posted Fri, 19 Jul 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 11 days later
Hi XXXXX, thanks for the query.

You have not mentioned about your menstrual history.

Nausea and vomiting can occur due to progesterone hormones excess but not due to lack of hormones. Also, depression and lassitude can also occur due to progesterone hormone excess.

In menopause, hormones are decreased and there is no excess hormones.

Although most of your symptoms point towards menopausal symptoms, menopause cannot be diagnosed only on the basis of these symptoms. For menopause, menstruation should be stopped consecutively for 12 months along with hormonal level changes.

If your mother had menopause at 50-55, there are same chances for you too but its not a fixed rule.

In my opinion, you should go for serum LH & FSH levels ( 3 levels at weeks interval) to make a correct diagnosis and plan further management accordingly.

Hope this helps.Good luck.
For any further queries you can directly reach out to me on the following URL: