Feel mild pain in lower abdominal. What could be the cause?

I feel Mild pain in lower abdominal some times from couple days. I felt it when i was playing cricket couple of days back. What could be the reason? is it necessary to see a doctor?
Posted Mon, 9 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Do not be concerned.

Detailed Answer:

You may have pulled a muscle while playing. Muscle spasms take a few days to improve depending on the severity of initial injury. You need not be concerned.

If the pain is severe, I suggest my patients to use warm compresses along with antiinflammatory agents - topical relaxyl with oral ibuprofen 200mg tablets whenever there is pain. Rest well and you would be better in a couple of days more.

You can reassess the symptoms in the next 48 hours and take a call to see the doctor.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.