Feel like vomiting in morning, may be because of Reflux Acid formed in the Stomach. Suggest?

Problem: Not able to have enough Breakfast.
Reason: In the Morning, I feel like Vomiting, may be because of Reflux Acid being formed in the Stomach, which in turn leads to the Vomiting feeling.
Reflux acid is more, i feel, cause, it turns my 1-2 hours of morning very bad.
Please Suggest.
Posted Sun, 13 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Antacid drugs will help you

Detailed Answer:

I am sorry about your reflux problem. You seem to be young to have this problem.

You would definitely benefit from proton pump inhibitor drugs like Pantoprazole or Omeprazole. I usually prescribe my patients Pantop- D once daily early in the morning on empty stomach for a period of 2 weeks. This would take care of the reflux and the vomiting sensation.

Both the drugs are prescription drugs. You may want to get them prescribed by your doctor as well.

Together with this, lifestyle changes in the form of healthy eating habits, more fluids orally, will help you.

Get well soon.

Follow-up: Feel like vomiting in morning, may be because of Reflux Acid formed in the Stomach. Suggest? 17 hours later
Hi Dr. Shanthi,

Can you please help me with some queries related to Reflux Acids.

1. Why they are formed in the body, or what lacks to curb it from forming?
2. What are the major effects of it on body?
3. How can it be cured naturally, if initially i don't wish to go for medications?

This would be really helpful.

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
detailed below

Detailed Answer:

Here are your answers to the follow up queries:

1. The stomach acid or the XXXXXXX acid are formed in the stomach as a helpful mechanism to aid in digestion process. There is no lacking to curb it. Basically, the problem in you in excess acid secretion that is coming up to the oesophagus from the stomach, also called as acid reflux.

2. When it is secreted more, it causes acidity problem, gastritis, indigestion, bloating. When it goes on for months,it can cause stomach ulcers, and may also lead to tears or perforation in the stomach.

3. Natural methods to cure it is dietary changes. You must restrict to eating vegetable salads, fruits, home-made food and plenty of water. You must avoid spicy food, oily food that increase the acid secretion. You must not consume food from outside.

Hope this helps you.