Feel like there is a lump near the corner of my eye but nothing is visible. What could this be?

Excellent

Ophthalmologist
Question
For the last three days my left eye feels bruised but is not. Today it feels as though there is a lump inside near the corner of my eye but nothing is visible.
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 2 hours later
Brief Answer: It seems like inflammatory swelling. Detailed Answer: Hello Welcome to health care magic It seems from the history that you are having inflammatory disease involving the glands of the eye lids. The treatment of the condition is by oral antiinflammatory drugs and antibiotic eye drops or eye ointments. As you have mentioned about a lump it requires local hot compression applied locally a cloth dipped in hot water. If it fails to resolve or if it reccurs you need to consult ophthalmologist for examination and treatment accordingly. Hope I have answered your query. Thank you. Thab

Follow-up: Feel like there is a lump near the corner of my eye but nothing is visible. What could this be? 13 hours later
I went to my family doctor and have been given fucithalmic 1% eye drops. Nothing oral though. Thank you for your advice.

Brief Answer: Continue treatment as per advice by your doctor. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thank you for the follow up reply. Flucithalmic eye drops contain fusidic acid, an antibiotic and it will be effective against bacterial infections. Oral drugs are required in few cases where inflammation is more. It seems in your case it is not required. Please do continue the treatment as per the advice of your doctor. Thank you.