Feel like something crawling down the right side of my back. What can be done to stop it?

feels like something is crawling down the right side of my back. Please tell me how to stop it.
Posted Fri, 25 Oct 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be due to nerve root irritation.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The feeling of something crawling by the side of your neck is likely to be due to a nerve root irritation or a compression. This is commonly seen associated with cervical spondylosis. To decrease the discomfort, you can avoid using a pillow, do some neck isometric exercises and take methylcobalamin supplements after consulting your physician.
For an immediate relief, rubbing the ice on the area or rubbing a local analgesic ointment on the area might help.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.