Feel like i swallowed a pill, it hurts to swallow, pain in chest. Now what to do?

Gastroenterologist
Question
hi i feel like i swallowed a pill wrong or something. i now feel pain when i swallow, it feels as though my wind or food pipe is blocked. it hurts to swallow and is difficult to breathe in. how can i stop this pain without seeing a doctor in person? It may not have been a pill or something but it now feels like pain in my chest and it is worrisome. Thanks
Posted Tue, 20 Nov 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 11 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your question.

Pain while swallowing could be due to sore throat (pharyngitis) or a sore food pipe (esophagitis).

Since you feel pain in the chest, it is more likely to be esophagitis which could be due to acid reflux.

You can take prilosec and carafate for relief.

I hope that answers your question.

If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Feel like i swallowed a pill, it hurts to swallow, pain in chest. Now what to do? 9 minutes later
Will this cure the esophagitis?

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 1 minute later
Yes, these two will cure esophagitis.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini