Feel like have something in throat. What could it be?

I feel like i have something in my throat. And i dont and i am wondering if its my thyroid?
Posted Fri, 4 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Non specific.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem I would suggest you that it is a very non specific complaint and we cannot pin point a diagnosis by this . But still I would suggest you to get your thyroid levels checked . Some times chronic allergies also result in foreign body sensation in the body . A UGI endoscopy is advisable if you have any difficulty in swallowing of food or liquid .

You need to see a ENT specialist for this and physical examination is necessary to look out for the structures that may be involved .

Dr. Shruti