Feel like have a bruised kidney. Have internal lower back pain. What to do?

I feel like I might have a bruised kidney. lower back right side but there is no apparent bruise it feel internal and the pain is constant.
Posted Sun, 8 Dec 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Get examined and investigated if persistence! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about what you are experiencing right now on the right side of your lower back. It would be very difficult to have a bruised kidney unless you have suffered some form of trauma. If you did, then that could be a possible cause. If you didn't, then probably we need to look for other possible causes. This area of your back has muscles, bones, the kidneys and the excretory apparatus of the kidneys that carries urine. A problem with any of this structure can lead to pain. However, pain related to a blockage by a kidney stone is often intermittent and sever enough. It should have at least happens once in the past to be so typical. This is most likely not the cause here. If you have any fevers and changes in urine like blood, colour and how often you go to the bathroom, then this could represent an infection of this organ. Also, any direct trauma to this area can cause the muscle to ache. In any case, if there are no other symptoms except for the dull ache, then I may suggest that you take some pain medications and see what the response would look like in the next 72hours. If it should persist, the you would need to be consulted. If you have any other symptoms like fever, changes in urination and urination pattern, please consult a doctor right away. This will most likely warrant a complete interrogation and examination. at least a urine tests may be done to collect more information to make a personalized management plan for you. IN all, if there is no trauma, try some pain medications and see what happens in 3days. if symptoms persist or there are any other symptoms present right now, please seek immediate medical attention. I hope you find this helpful, I wish you well and thank you so much for using our services. Please, feel free to ask for more information if need be. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD