Feel like fish bone stuck in the throat. Having discomfort and pain while swallowing. What to do?

Hi I was eating fish (cod) last Tuesday and i felt a bone in my mouth, i spat out my food and seen half a small bone so im not sure if i swallowed the other half of the fish bone or not! I didn't feel any discomfort at the time. However, 4 days later I was eating chips and felt they were going down my throat so slowly and pain in the middle of my chest bone, now its nearly a week, i still get a pain every time in the same area in my throat. Im not sure if its a fishbone, a scratch or maybe the chips caused this? My breathing is fine and when i drink water and fluids its fine! Just dislike the uncomfortable feeling of food going down so slowly and then the sudden discomfort in my chest bone!! I'm so worried, im afraid to eat properly and sleep!!!
Posted Wed, 12 Jun 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 2 hours later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you.

It looks like you are having esophagitis. An upper GI endoscopy may be done for confirmation.
Prilosec and carafate would provide relief if endoscopy confirms esophagitis.

I hope that answers your query.
If you have no more questions, kindly rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini