Feel like ear block as it is less sensitive. Should I be worried?

Aug 2013

ENT Specialist
I woke around 9.30 am and since then I found my right ear closed/less sensitive...I have taken bath and now half of my right side from hear till ear is less sensitive.
Posted Sat, 7 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sriram Nathan 2 days later
Brief Answer: just a temporary block Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX and welcome to XXXXXXX I am Dr Sriram Nathan, an ENT surgeon and i will try to help you out with your problem. At the offset let me assure you that since the block is of recent onset and you do not have any other symptom, you do not have anything much to worry about. The block would be a mild block due to the action of an organ in our body called the Eustachian tube. This usually gets better in a day or two. You can try these to make that happen earlier: - take steam inhalation with menthol at least three times in a day for the next one week or so - close your mouth and nose with your fingers and swallow. Do this about 20 times in a day -i would usually also advice an antihistamine like levocetrizine along with a decongestent nose drop. Your doctor will know about this. By the above you should become better in a week or so. If not then do these: - get an audiometry and get back to me with the reports - get your ears examined and drum inspected by an ENT surgeon Hope you get better soon and hope your doubts are solved. If you have any more i would be happy to help you out. Regards Dr Sriram Nathan
Follow-up: Feel like ear block as it is less sensitive. Should I be worried? 5 hours later
Hello Sir, Thank you for all the suggestions. I consulted the doctor and she has prescribed some medicines and it resolved the issue.
Answered by Dr. Sriram Nathan 1 minute later
Brief Answer: WELCOME Detailed Answer: Hello again, You are welcome and hope you get well soon regards Dr Sriram Nathan