Feel like blood is not circulating in legs. Which specialist should I see?

My mother complains of her legs bothering her at night and says her blood is not circulating... What type of doctor should she see? She is 79 years old. She has a heart work up and said she was fine. she has high choletsroal which she hypertension which she takes a low dose prescription. She is normal weight and physical active and has some dementia. I think it is restless leg syndrome but she wants to get her circulation checked?
Posted Sun, 17 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the suggestions below...

Detailed Answer:

The doctor you are looking for is the angiologist who can do some tests to see if blood is well circulating in her legs.

However, I would also suggest to see a neurologist too to evaluate the function of the peripheral nerves.

In addition, if I were your caring doctor would check her urine analysis to see if there is any problem with the kidneys and do some blood work especially when it comes to diabetes (check blood sugar).

At the end, you are saying that your mother is taking medicines for high cholesterol without mentioning the name.

Please bear in mind that some medications for high cholesterol, of statins group, are associated with the symptoms your mom has. You can discuss with her doctor in case she is taking statins to change drug.

It is good that your mom is physically active and eating healthy as that will help her overcome such problems.

Hope this answered your inquiry!

p.s. if you have other concern, please write me back!