Feel hard lumps inside upper thighs. Should I be worried?

May 2013
I feel hard lumps or ridges on each of the large tendons that are inside my upper thighs. They are slightly tender to the touch.
I don't feel them on the insides of my children's thighs.

Should I be worried?
Posted Sat, 13 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 40 minutes later

Those lumps or ridges can be possibly because of the Hashimoto's thyroiditis.
As it is a autoimmune disease lymph nodal enlargement can be seen, those can present as lumps which can be sometimes tender to touch.
Skin thickening can be seen as part of Hashimoto's.
That thickened skin can present as ridges.
Swollen lymph nodes can also be seen in case of some other infections like pelvic inflammatory disease which will affect ovaries, fallopian tubes etc.
So if you are already under treatment for Hashimoto's, once discuss regarding changing the dose of thyroid hormones with your doctor.
If not better to get examined once to rule out the possible cause and to take treatment accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.