Feel from bed with injured head. Got 3 stitches. No vomiting or giddiness. Precautions?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi, my 2 yrs old daughter fell down from bed while she was in sleep at 10:20pm today. She is injusred on her head (back side - LA) and we took her to nearest hospital. She got 3 stiches and she doesn't have symptoms of vomiting and giddiness. What are the precuations that we shld take after injury? is it fine to allow her to sleep and drink milk? she is prescribed ibrufin plus and taxim-0 (5mil twice). please advice if they are safe
Posted Fri, 26 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Head and neck injuries can be external or XXXXXXX If your baby is behaving fine, not in pain, not crying and had not lost consciousness after the fall, then there is nothing serious to be worried about.
It seems that there was a minor external head injury. As the physician has examined her, no serious problem is likely. The medicines that has been given are for pain and to prevent an infection in the area. These are safe. She can eat or drink whatever she likes. You can allow her to sleep for now.
If the child is highly irritable or inconsolable, there is unconsciousness and seizures, bleeding or clear fluid from the nose, ear, or mouth, feeling anxious or irritable for no apparent reason and sensitivity to light then it needs an immediate attention.

In such a case, it is always better to get a physical examination and a CT/ MRI head done to rule out any subdural hemorrhage.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.