Feel excited when see a beautiful girl. What to do?

I get very exited when i see beautifull girl & feel like having sex with her.
I am married 7 enjoy good sex life,but i need more all the while...
Posted Tue, 4 Jun 2013 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 1 hour later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

You seem to be having a problem of hypersexuality. There can be the following probable causes for this.

- It could also be due to an impulse control problem, where the person has difficulty in controlling his sexual urges or impulses.

- It could also be due to a mood disorder such as a hypomania. This is more likely if this problem has been of a recent onset.

- Sometimes, it could be due to an obsessive-compulsive disorder, where a person can have repetitive, unwanted, sexual thoughts or compulsive sexual behaviour.

- Alcohol, drugs like methamphetamine, etc. can also be one of the causes for hypersexuality.

- Rarely, certain neurological / medical disorders can be the underlying cause for hypersexual behaviour.

Now, it is very important that you have a detailed psychological assessment in order to ascertain what is the cause for your hypersexuality. Only the, further treatment can be planned accordingly. Don't worry, there are effective treatment strategies in the form of counselling / psychotherapy which can help you gain control of your excessive sexual feelings / impulses. Sometimes, medication may be required, in specific cases.

So, I would advise you to consult a psychiatrist in your area for a detailed evaluation and further management. Also, keeping your mind active and occupied all the time, regular physical exercise, yoga, meditation, etc. can all help you in controlling your problem.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist