Feel dizzy a month after colon surgery and epidural anesthesia?

Average

Question
Can you still feel dizzy one month after colon surgury with general and epidural anesthesia
Posted Mon, 25 Jun 2012 in Colon Cancer

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

Yes,dizziness, headaches, anxiety etc can be seen in people had anaesthesia in near past. A period of 2 to 3 months on minimum is need for all residual effects of anaesthesia to disappear.It does not need any medication to get rid of the symptoms.

Good protein diet and multivitamins will help in speedy recovery.

Wish you good health.

regards,

Follow-up: Feel dizzy a month after colon surgery and epidural anesthesia? 27 minutes later
Can antivert help with the dizzyness light headness?

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 minutes later
Hi again,

Thanks for writing back.

Yes, it does help.

Do consult your treating doctor for right dosage and course.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Feel dizzy a month after colon surgery and epidural anesthesia? 25 minutes later
Im thinking its the general anesthesia that is causing my lightheadness my bloog sugar is 88 my pulse is resting 72 and my blood pressure is118/70
Any other ideas on what could be causing this?

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 32 minutes later

As I said before , general anaesthesia can cause the problems you are having now.

The readings you provided above are normal and within range.The chances of other causes being involved are less.

Rarely infection of the operated site can lead to some similar symptoms, do consult your treating doctor to rule out the same.

Wish you good health.