Feel cold, tired and dizzy befor BM. Have b12, iron deficiency. Help?

I get cold, tired, and a little dizzy right before having a bm. I am deficient in b12, vit d, and iron saturation. I've been like this before and I wasn't eating very well, only like once a day... I hope you can help with this
Posted Tue, 21 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 45 minutes later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

This is a common problem. It is related to syncope. Syncope is transient loss of consciousness with spontaneous recovery however some persons experience what is called presyncope. In presynsope a person may feel dizzy or in some cases uncomfortable, nausea,sweaty or weak. This may not necessarily be followed by the syncopal episode.

In certain situations such as using the bathroom for a bowel movement, urinating, sneezing, coughing certain reflexes in the body are utilised.In some persons the reflexes act inappropriately to cause dilation of the blood vessels ( which causes a decrease in blood pressure) and a decrease in heart rate.
Both of these then result in a decrease in blood supply to the brain which result in the dizziness you are experiencing.

These type of episodes are not usually associated with any significant mortality or morbidity.

If the episodes become severe or more frequent then you may want to consider visiting your doctor for an evaluation which may include blood tests such as your full blood count and an ECG to make sure that the rhythm of the heart it ok.
In the vast majority of cases no abnormality is seen.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions