Feel a weird feeling in brain while having sex. What is this?

Let's start out by mentioning that I am 21 years old. I am extremely sexually active with my girlfriend. Have always had an extremely strong sex strive, very good erections, amazing sex.

Roughly 48 hours ago I smoked weed for the first time (With my girlfriend). I took roughly 8-10 hits over the course of 4 hours holding them in 5-10 seconds. I have had 2 full nights sleep since then.

During the time I was high I felt a very unusual shock up my back and into my brain. Since then I am able to get an erection, It feels kind of good when it's touched. But when I try to really masturbate or do something sexual It just doesn't feel right. I feel a weird feeling in my brain and I don't feel the sensation down below like where my lower muscles are like I used to.

I'm trying to rationalize that there is still THC in me and it's confusing that area of my brain.

But I am worried something more severe just decided to happen during the weed session.

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 12 Sep 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Things should be fine

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,

Most likely, those are residual disesthesias (abnormal or unusual sensory perceptions) from the cannabis; with discontinuation of it, things should be back to baseline in a few days after your body is completely clean from THC. One of the problems with weed is that it may be a gateway drug to other harder drugs, like cocaine and meth, particularly if you are enjoying it while having sex.

Yours truly,

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN
Follow-up: Feel a weird feeling in brain while having sex. What is this? 12 minutes later
Thanks for the quick reply!

I understand weed being a gate-way drug. (That really has nothing to do with my current issue)

Just wanted to re-iterate.

You don't believe it could be any kind of nerve damage or something completely non-associated with Cannabis?

Even thinking about something sexual does not get me excited or erect like it used to.

Like I said if I touch myself however I can get erect and it feels okay, but no where near or as close as good as it used to. I don't have that pleasurable sensation down below in my abdominal region.
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Still no worry

Detailed Answer:

I still believe that the symptoms should be transient; I have not heard or encountered about permanent nerve damage with a short expossure to THC, but likley you should avoid it.

Follow-up: Feel a weird feeling in brain while having sex. What is this? 41 minutes later
How many days would you recommend I wait before I seek my primary care doctor?
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
1 week

Detailed Answer:
By 1 week the THC should be out of your system for the most part; if you are still having problems then consult your primary at that juncture.

Best regards,

Dr B