Fed Lisinopril to dog in error. What should we do?

Question
WE FED OUR 13 YEAR 13 POUND SHIH TZU DOG 20 MG OF LISINOPRIL IN ERROR WHAT SHOULD WE DO
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 43 minutes later
Thank you for posting your query.

I do not think that there is much that you can do following this accidental overdosing of your small dog. It is too late to induce vomiting and there is no known antidote to this angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor.

I understand your concern. In humans, the maximum dose of this drug is 80 mg daily. It is a time for "Prayerful Vigilance" I'm afraid.

With any luck she may well make it and I certainly hope so. Do not blame yourselves. These things happen. Good luck!